Welcome to my blog! Here’s a little bit about myself…
I’m an award-winning, accredited PR and communications professional in the Cleveland/Akron area. I love what I do and work to be on the forefront of my profession everyday. I was a board member for 10 years and current committee chair for the Akron Area Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, a PR Committee member for the Habitat for Humanity of Summit County and the Ohio & Erie Canalway.
When I get the chance, I find it exciting to be a guest speaker and lecturer in the fields of PR and marketing communications, as well as social media. I’ve presented and held workshops on PR and social media at several places like Kent State University, the University of Akron, The Hudson Library & Historical Society, PRSA, PBS and Akron SCORE, among others.
I’ve also got a few accolades under my belt in my 14 years of work in PR.
A few of those highlights include:
- 2013 recipient of the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce “30 for the Future” award
- 2011 Gold MarComm Award recipient for “1830s Farmhouse Opens New Lodging Opportunities” within the Media Relations: Newspaper Placement category
- 2010 national PRSA Bronze Anvil recipient for “Road Runner Akron Marathon Soars Above the Competition” within the Feature Story category
- 2009 PRSA East Central District Diamond Awards “Award of Achievement” for Integrated Communications Campaign
- 2007 PRSA East Central District Diamond Awards “Honorable Mention” for Special Event/Observances
- Davila, Ralph J. (Fall 2014). Is Your Team Under the Influence? Skills That PR Leaders Need to Overcome the Temptation to Pay-for-Play? PRSA Strategist magazine: 20, 3.
- Davila, Ralph J. (2012, July). Can PR and Advertising Play Nicely Together? 5 Tips for Agency Integration. PRSA Tactics, 22.
- Davila, Ralph J. & Duke, Thomas W., APR, Fellow PRSA. (2009, September). Does Social Media Affect the Public Relations Profession and Ethics Negatively? PRSA Tactics, 16(9), 18-19.
- Davila, Ralph J. (2008, August). Stepping up to the Ballot Box: The New Political Candidates and How to Meet Their Needs. PRSA Tactics, 15(8), 20.
- Davila, Ralph J. (2007, November). Ad-Centric Media: Crossing the Ethical Boundaries of Advertising and Editorial Content. PRSA Tactics, 14(11), 23.
If you’re interested in connecting, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me on one of my social networks.